MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bad gateway returned error! what happens to my board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi Guys,
this is my first post and i write from sunny Naples, so sorry for my bad english..

i use mybb 1.0.1 and i don't know why one day the board decide to don't work..

now.. i try to tell u what happens..

When some regitered user try to post or try to create a new topic if the lenght of the massege is more than a few words the server response:

BAD GATEWAY...

so i thought, no problem user.. it's the server that is a dumb.

but the problem i think is not the server because, we have no problem if to post and create topic is the admin.. super mod and mod have the problem but the admin not have it!

so i hope some of u have a great heart to help me in this "original" bug...

have a nice week end!

and may mybb be with u! (Luke board walker)
Can you provide a link to your board?

A Bad Gateway error is the following:
Quote: A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server received an invalid response from an upstream server it accessed to fulfil the request.

This usually does not mean that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), but rather that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data. Given that Internet protocols are quite clear, it often means that one or both machines have been incorrectly or incompletely programmed.
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E502.html

This quite possibly means it is not a MyBB issue, but a connection issue for those users.

Chris
hi Chris,

tanks a lot for the answer..

the link is here: http://sti2.net/fantaluke/forum

i also thought that is the server is the problem but after i tried from my pc to post and create topic as user and as admin i changed idea 'cause i have problem only if i'm not admin.. so i don't know.. i'm using 1.00 and i would upgrade to 1.04 but first i would see clear in this problem

thanks again a lot for your time
so...

i try to upgrade... ok.. same problem...

i try to change the server.. ok.. the same problem..

so i don't know what to do..

two different server giving the same problem i think is not a server problem..

i hope someone can give me a solution or a way to isolate the problem..

thanks a lot..
Changing servers on the same host simply wont fix the problem. You have to go to a new host.

edit: I went to post on that board, and it worked for me. Its probably a combination of your users and your server that arn't functioning properly
Regarding the original problem (Bad Gateway) I think it's a problem with your server/connection and not a problem with the MyBB code itself.

I don't really understand your other posts, I'm not sure if you are trying to explain the same problem or different problem.