MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internaitonal Webmasters Day - Voting Begins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, IWD is coming up on the 10th of May, so we're starting Voting!

If you want to be recognised as IWD 2010 Winner then simply add your site to the topsite list, and get visitors and members to vote.
http://webmaster-day.co.cc/topsite/

You can also add yourself to our open directory Here
.co.cc = unprofessional site to support webmasters...
(2010-04-22, 05:52 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]http://tinyurl.com/37a9odu

This was an external script, not written in any way by me.... If people helped out once in a while instead of putting down everything people do, maybe it would be a bit better....... Also many of those errors are on a php link (index.php?a=out&u=username), so of course a hmtl validator is going to see them as incorrect.

(2010-04-22, 06:25 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ].co.cc = unprofessional site to support webmasters...

Yes, we are going to get a domain, this is just temporary. After IWD 2010 we will be designing an entirely new site, coding an open directory project and correcting any errors with the topsite (which will be disabled until about 2 months before IWD 2011)
I would strongly suggest getting rid of that 'admin' link. No offence, but the site is generally unprofessional and I don't think it will kick off.
none taken, I know everyone is saying its not a good looking site, but thats going to be changed. We dont want to be in stages of major reconstruction during the event, instead we are going to rebuild afterwards.

We will be remaking:
- Sites look
- ODP
- Topsite (possibly custom theme)
- Adding a forum/adding a host forum for the event to allow users to get involved earlier on in the year
- Creating new ad banners
- Allow users to vote for sites in different categories and present winners with prizes.
A "topsites" system would probably take four hours to write in PHP/MySQL. Using some invalid, thrown-together system is somewhat ironic for "webmasters day".

Also, ditch the co.cc. You can at least make it a sub off one of your real domains.

EDIT: Also, I thought I told you to get rid of the Comic Sans.
yeah, wethegreen people seems to be inactive, he was supposed to be making a mock up of the new desingn - guess I'll have to do it myself.... Sad
Guys, if you aren't going to support it, just don't post.
You're using 000webhost? =/
Pages: 1 2