MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update 1.4.13 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just updated from 1.4.11 by following the update instructions, not the install instructions.

So far, I have noticed that my ProPortal and my custom default theme does not show up. All I see are the default portal and the MyBB default theme.

All of the data/files are there, and ProPortal is installed.

http://reserector.com
user tester
pass mybbtester

There may be other plugins that are not working, but I have not had time to check yet.
That's strange. Now my Pro Portal is working, just a bit mixed up with regard to the order.
I see some template modifications that have been overwritten. I will have to go back and replace those files or redo the modifications.

I have two more sites to update, but I am apprehensive about doing that right now.

Was I wrong to copy all the files with the exception of ./inc/settings.php ? Should I have only replaced certain files? If so, I have a backup of all my folders that I can use to try again.

I sincerely apollogize for my ignorance. Obviously others are not having problems.
You should have saved ./inc/config.php as well but considering your forum is actually working you probably did this.

Did you run the updater? I'm fairly sure there were database changes between 1.4.11 and 1.4.12
Yes, I ran the updater. The portal glitch appeared after uploading the files, and before I ran the updater. I'm pretty sure the theme problem was the same deal. (It should be a brushed metal theme.)

I suppose I could try replacing ./inc/config.php when I get home this evening. I have it backed up on my PC.
If config.php was borked you'd be getting an Internal Error.

A fair amount of people have broken themes when they upgrade but I don't know why, I've never been able to reproduce it.
I found this broken theme phenomenon on the upgrade to .12 and found an off the wall solution.

When upgrading, I turn off all plugins and switch everyone to the default theme.
Run the upgrade as per instructions.
Check everything while still using default theme.
Turn on all plugins and check again.
Switch back to the site's default theme and check again.

Sometimes I find that my custom theme loses it's Stylesheet. Sometimes parts of it only.
I used to go nuts trying to figure this out and often I'd just reupload a backup copy and re-tweak my personal customizations. A huge job if more than one theme got affected.

I found a little trick...... I decided to see in the templates or the style sheet what went wrong. NOTHING! Absolutely nothing BUT - get this - If I go to the templates where say, the default buttons are showing and not my matching ones for the theme, I simply hit save and refresh the board page and it's fixed!
I proceed to each area showing weird stuff in the templates and do the same.

Now I KNOW this makes no sense but hey, whatever works right? This is a harmless "fix" but it's better than a total reinstall and tweak of themes!
Goggalor, that seems to have worked. I went to the global.css and saved, and the theme came back. Have a look at it now.

(I have to get back to work, but I will check it more thoroughly later.)

Thanks for the great feedback, guys.
Actually, I myself and my host have noticed with our forums, which update automatically, that you guys have not updated the files or something, can't quite remember the words. Because we've gotten emails saying that the forums have been updated to 1.4.13, yet in the Admin CP, they complain about being version 1.4.11.
I'm going to look into this theme issue; enough people have had it to say something's going amiss somewhere.
Matt, thanks. Just so you know, and I'm sorry if this makes more work for you - but this has been going on for several versions now.
Yeah, at first I thought people were doing something wrong during the upgrade bit it's clearly not that. I seem to remember it started happening after a specific upgrade and has happened since, hasn't always happened. Will try and track it down.
Pages: 1 2