MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anybody have an ATI Radeon HD 4650?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just got one for free but I don't have a PC that can use it (all of my cases are low profile). I'm debating on whether or not it's worth spending money on a PC to use it in or if I'm better off getting rid of it.

Post your thoughts and real world experience. Wink
Card prices seem to range from 60-200 so i'd say its a decent card to game with. Not sure i'd buy a new computer for it though.
Rephrase. Its 1gb ram, price range is reasonable, i'd wouldn't make a PC for it unless i was gaming, not sure if you are gaming anymore.
If you just want a decent computer that can run most games at accetable level it may be worth building a pc around it. It's not going to run everything at max on the latest games but it will still look good and run smooth.
I don't do any gaming anymore but I do miss Fallout 3 and L4D a lot so I won't mind getting back into it. So now I have the Radeon 4650 (512MB RAM), a Biostar AM2 motherboard, and a 27" HDTV/monitor collecting dust. Sad
I had a 4670, it was nice. Was pulling epic L4D2 graphics with good FPS, L4D should be a breeze. Honestly, you could get some cheap crap computer at Wal-Mart and stick it in.
That's what I'm thinking. I was looking for a cheap CPU for my motherboard but AM2 are pricey because they stopped making them. Sad It might be better to pick up a $35 computer at work with 1GB DDR and a P4. Big Grin
It's not a bad card, but I wouldn't recommend it for today's games. Also that huge monitor might cause lag. What's the rez on it? Personally I'm getting a Radeon HD 5770 w/ 1GB Ram which is about $160.
Well it's the only video card I could get for free. Wink
4650 was a mid range card and now is fairly cheap-ish. Definitely costs way less than a PC, and it's not really a great value card, at least over here. Like a tiny bit cheaper than the 4670 and a fair bit weaker.
But if you need a card for a game, then, well, you decide... Probably can't get anything good as a low profile card anyway.
I think I'm just going to sell it. I'll just build a decent gaming PC later if I still have my HDTV around. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2