MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UPGRADING TO 1.4.13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum is http://kysoftball.net/forum/

I'm currently running MyBB 1.4.9 and I need to upgrade to MyBB 1.4.13 and literally don't understand how to do this. Can anyone help me out? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
John
Backup your database and files, download 1.4.13, upload the entire package so it overwrites your current files, go to http://kysoftball.net/forum/install/upgrade.php, choose the option with 1.4.9 in it, click Next when it says. How come you didn't ask for upgrading help before?? 1.4.9 was released 7 moths ago Smile
(2010-04-24, 11:26 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Backup your database and files, download 1.4.13, upload the entire package so it overwrites your current files, go to http://kysoftball.net/forum/install/upgrade.php, choose the option with 1.4.9 in it, click Next when it says. How come you didn't ask for upgrading help before?? 1.4.9 was released 7 moths ago Smile

Well the last time I tried to upgrade I totally messed up the whole board and was charged 99.00 by my host to fix it. So now I'm kind of leary about trying it. Computers are not my specialty.
(2010-04-24, 11:30 AM)kysoftball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-24, 11:26 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Backup your database and files, download 1.4.13, upload the entire package so it overwrites your current files, go to http://kysoftball.net/forum/install/upgrade.php, choose the option with 1.4.9 in it, click Next when it says. How come you didn't ask for upgrading help before?? 1.4.9 was released 7 moths ago Smile

Well the last time I tried to upgrade I totally messed up the whole board and was charged 99.00 by my host to fix it. So now I'm kind of leary about trying it. Computers are not my specialty.

Also can you tell me how to properly backup my database and files?
It would have been far better to post here for help rather than forking out $99 for your host to fix it Undecided We would have charged $0.

You can backup the database by going to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups > New Backup > select all the tables by clicking Select All, leave the other settings as they are, submit. To backup your files, just transfer them via FTP to your computer.
(2010-04-24, 11:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would have been far better to post here for help rather than forking out $99 for your host to fix it Undecided We would have charged $0.

You can backup the database by going to ACP > Tools & Maintenance > Database Backups > New Backup > select all the tables by clicking Select All, leave the other settings as they are, submit. To backup your files, just transfer them via FTP to your computer.
You said...."To backup your files, just transfer them via FTP to your computer."

Not sure how to do this part?
(2010-04-24, 11:41 AM)kysoftball Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-24, 11:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would have been far better to post here for help rather than forking out $99 for your host to fix it Undecided We would have charged $0.

You said...."To backup your files, just transfer them via FTP to your computer."

Nevermind i figured out how to backup the files

Nevermind i figured out how to backup the files

when I clicked on the link you provided I got this message......
Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
Go into FTP navigate to your forum directory then go to /install and delete the file "lock"
By the way,
Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]1. Do not use thread titles such as "Help!!" or "Not working!"

Create a title that is unique and descriptive of your problem. Generally when the people want to give you answers they'd like to know what they're dealing with before looking at the thread.
(2010-04-24, 12:03 PM)Prentice Wrote: [ -> ]Go into FTP navigate to your forum directory then go to /install and delete the file "lock"
By the way,
Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]1. Do not use thread titles such as "Help!!" or "Not working!"

Create a title that is unique and descriptive of your problem. Generally when the people want to give you answers they'd like to know what they're dealing with before looking at the thread.

Okay now how do I upload the new version?
extract it to your desktop navigate to the folder where it says inc(DO NOT GO IN IT) then ftp it up and run the upgrader
(2010-04-24, 12:24 PM)Prentice Wrote: [ -> ]extract it to your desktop navigate to the folder where it says inc(DO NOT GO IN IT) then ftp it up and run the upgrader

I'm sorry Prentice to be annoying. How do I ftp it up?
upload it using FTp/Filezilla the same way you uploaded the whole forum
Pages: 1 2