MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make certain forums not cound towards post count?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to make specific forums not increment a user's post count when they post.

To be more specific - I'm using the Trash Can Forum mod and I'd like posts that are moved/deleted to the trash can forum to NOT count towards the user's post count.

In addition, I'd like to make the General Discussion forum not count towards your post count to discourage off-topic discussion.

Any advice?
In the settings for each forum, scroll down to the bottom, under the Miscellaneous options, there's an option for whether posts will count.
(2010-04-24, 01:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]In the settings for each forum, scroll down to the bottom, under the Miscellaneous options, there's an option for whether posts will count.

Thank you.

But... even with that disabled, posts that are deleted to the Trash Can forum still seem to count towards post count?
Are you sure you went to the right forum, or clicked the right button?
I went to the wrong forum at first when I did a while ago, haha.
When you post direct to that forum, does it count then?? if it does, but doesn't change when posts are deleted to trash, it may be a bug with that plugin.
If he's using the same plugin as me, it should work.
Although, I believe there is only one of this plugin, so I think he may have just done something wrong.
When I post directly to the trash can forum it does not increment my post count - clearly displaying that I chose the right option.

Furthermore, if I change the setting for a different forum with existing posts to not count towards a user's post count - it doesn't seem to update the post count for the existing posts within that forum - just stop further posts from being counted.

In addition, post counts don't even seem to be decreased when a post is permanently deleted - much less when moved to the trash can.

I'm not sure what's going on here - but the post counts just don't seem to be updating correctly.

Is it possible that it's a delayed process? Updating the post count's that is...

Whatever the problem is - it seems to go deeper than just the trash can mod. It seems to be a global issue with post count updating.
Everything updates fine on these forums. When threads are moved to the testing and trashing forum, post count decreases. When posts are deleted, post count decreases. I don't think it'll decrease when you change the settings, running the recount and rebuild tools would recount them to take that into account. The plugin is probably interfering with deleting posts and moving threads to a post count-less forum, deactivate it and it should work then.
Ok, I think I did this when I changed that option.
Make only the forum that you want post's not to be counted have that option.
Then go to Admin CP -> Tools and Maintenance -> Recount & Rebuild -> And to the right of "Recount user post counts", click "Go".
That should hopefully fix the already existing posts.
Thanks guys - that resolved my issue.
Pages: 1 2