MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verifying Google Webmaster Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone help me out? Where exactly do I place my code. Thanks.
usually you don't place it anywhere, but upload a file instead
It says:

Copy the meta tag below, and paste it into your site's home page. It should go in the <head> section, before the first <body> section.
headerinclude would be fine, it's in the Ungrouped Templates. It also gives you the ability to upload a file to validate it which is what frostschutz is referring to.
You can chose: Either a meta tag, a file or a CHMOD record. I would recommend the file... Wink
Well, I've got a problem with the Webmaster Tools as well, so I guess I better ask it.
I've gotten my site verified, but for some reason, the sitemap and the robots files that I've uploaded to the main directory aren't getting verified by Google.
(2010-04-24, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]headerinclude would be fine, it's in the Ungrouped Templates. It also gives you the ability to upload a file to validate it which is what frostschutz is referring to.

Thank-you! Finally, someone who says "it's in the Ungrouped Templates"! Thank-you! Smile It works.
(2010-04-24, 02:43 PM)macdonjo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-24, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]headerinclude would be fine, it's in the Ungrouped Templates. It also gives you the ability to upload a file to validate it which is what frostschutz is referring to.

Thank-you! Finally, someone who says "it's in the Ungrouped Templates"! Thank-you! Smile It works.

You're welcome.

(2010-04-24, 02:37 PM)lichtheman Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I've got a problem with the Webmaster Tools as well, so I guess I better ask it.
I've gotten my site verified, but for some reason, the sitemap and the robots files that I've uploaded to the main directory aren't getting verified by Google.

Does it say there's an error or are they just waiting??
from what I know is you just drop a sitemap xml of google injto your root of mybb .. the rest google index's

Google looks for the robots.txt file also for privlages
I'm not even sure what it's trying to say.
But that's what I get when I view those pages.
Pages: 1 2