MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Guests cant see links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I make it so that Guests cant see links?
admin.cp/forums and posts
for each forum that you do not wish for them to see..on the options button next to each forum go to permissions and uncheck/untic the guests can view. Also here is something else...
admin.cp/users & groups/groups/Guests/options/Edit group
there under forums and posts you can take off the "can view threads"

May I suggest something? Let your guests see the links, and the threads and not be able to enter the thread for viewing.
That is a tip and trick from Babjusi
Here is the trick:

Show the Topic Lists on no permissions forums.
This small edit will allwow you to show the topic lists inside all your forums that you have denied access to different usergroups to enter them.

i.e. say, you have a forum/forums that you want to deny access to guests for ex, but you want them to see it/them, you would simply disallow them access at the permissions and then at the Configuration-Forum Home Options, you would set the Hide Private Forums? to No. So anytime a guest that clicks at that forum will get the no permission error.

But personally I would like to take it a step further. I want them to be able to see all the topics inside that forum, so they know what they are missing on. To do that find the following code at forumdisplay.php file:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1)
{
error_no_permission();
}

And change it to:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1 && $thread['tid'])
{
error_no_permission();
}

Now all the usergroups that don''t have permissions at certain forums, will be able to see all the topics inside that particular forum, but not the posts themselves.

Good Luck Smile
(2010-04-24, 06:30 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]admin.cp/forums and posts
for each forum that you do not wish for them to see..on the options button next to each forum go to permissions and uncheck/untic the guests can view. Also here is something else...
admin.cp/users & groups/groups/Guests/options/Edit group
there under forums and posts you can take off the "can view threads"

May I suggest something? Let your guests see the links, and the threads and not be able to enter the thread for viewing.
That is a tip and trick from Babjusi
Here is the trick:

Show the Topic Lists on no permissions forums.
This small edit will allwow you to show the topic lists inside all your forums that you have denied access to different usergroups to enter them.

i.e. say, you have a forum/forums that you want to deny access to guests for ex, but you want them to see it/them, you would simply disallow them access at the permissions and then at the Configuration-Forum Home Options, you would set the Hide Private Forums? to No. So anytime a guest that clicks at that forum will get the no permission error.

But personally I would like to take it a step further. I want them to be able to see all the topics inside that forum, so they know what they are missing on. To do that find the following code at forumdisplay.php file:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1)
{
error_no_permission();
}

And change it to:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1 && $thread['tid'])
{
error_no_permission();
}

Now all the usergroups that don''t have permissions at certain forums, will be able to see all the topics inside that particular forum, but not the posts themselves.

Good Luck Smile
I want the guests to be able to view the threads, but not the links.
Oh like a hide hack you mean? There are plug-ins for that here at mybb. Sorry.. I thought it was something else LOL..
I think he's looking at something like Valter's hack for vBulletin, but a MyBB version instead. Tried a search for "hide links" on the mods database?
Searched "Hide" on the Mod database and it was the second reslut down. http://mods.mybboard.net/view/hide-links...sts-for-14

Next time try and put some effort into finding something.