MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need Download Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to upload a Template/Theme to my website but i dont know how.
I think I have to instal Mybb first but i dont know what Host, username, password, and port to type. Can someone please help me?
Contact Email: [email protected]
Yes, obviously you need to install MyBB to use a MyBB theme, a MyBB theme won't work on a general site though if that's what you want it for... we have absolutely no idea what your FTP details are, you'll need to ask your host.
(2010-04-24, 06:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, obviously you need to install MyBB to use a MyBB theme, a MyBB theme won't work on a general site though if that's what you want it for... we have absolutely no idea what your FTP details are, you'll need to ask your host.

I am completely lost could you please upload the theme for me
Why did you need to PM me about this?? I'm not going to help you via email, these forums are here for a reason.

To upload a theme, extract the theme zip, upload the images to a new folder in ./images/, the readme inside the theme should say what to call it, then import the XML file in the ACP.
(2010-04-24, 08:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you need to PM me about this?? I'm not going to help you via email, these forums are here for a reason.

There's no need to get angry. Maybe email is more convenient for him.
I'm not getting angry, but the whole point of these forums is to use them, so people can help here and learn from threads here, there's no point in asking here for help via email. I also don't appreciate being randomly PM'd about threads as nobody else can learn or contribute to/from the issue.
(2010-04-25, 06:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not getting angry, but the whole point of these forums is to use them, so people can help here and learn from threads here, there's no point in asking here for help via email. I also don't appreciate being randomly PM'd about threads as nobody else can learn or contribute to/from the issue.

I see where you are coming from and I like the fact that you are thinking about the user. But wouldn't be better for the user if you let them contact you anyway they wanted? If they pm or email you, you could then take a simple step to copy/paste the solution into a thread.
Not really, because then you're the sole person to help them. This isn't specifically referencing the poster of this thread, this is a generalisation, but if you don't reply to them within a time they deem to be acceptable, they PM/email you again, and again, asking if you've had a look, if you know the answer, why you're 'ignoring them', it's far too invasive... on an open forum anyone can post and people (usually) don't badger you as much. There's been plenty of times I have helped someone via PM, then gone to eat, or even gone to sleep, and come back to a load of unread PMs asking what I'm doing, asking if I've fixed it, telling me to be quicker etc... not something I'm too fond of.

I mean if other people want to help people who want help via PM/email it's up to them, but it's not something I do.