MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Soft Delete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to "soft delete" posts/threads instead of permanently deleting them? For example, if a post is deleted, the post won't be shown, and staff can press a "View Post" button that will let them see the deleted post. Sort of like vBulletin
Not currently, but MyBB 1.6 will get this.
Actually MyBB already has this but we call it unnaprove thread rather than soft delete, and I'm not aware of any changes to this in 1.6 Wink
(2010-04-25, 05:37 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Actually MyBB already has this but we call it unnaprove thread rather than soft delete, and I'm not aware of any changes to this in 1.6 Wink

I must've been thinking about delayed moderation =/

It's time to go to bed for me.
Yeah delayed moderation is coming in 1.6, now that's something I can't wait for!
In the meantime you can always use the trash can forum. I use that for that very same reason. It takes the deleted posts and places them in the forum you create for it. Then you can edit the post or whatever and return it to the place it came from. You can also close the post if you wish.
Get the plugin here:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/trash-can-forum

It will get you by until 1.6 comes out. Smile