MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Pre-release] Photoshop Bliss V2.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
***Updated Previews..!*** [26/04/04]

Hello.

Well you may of noticed a theme I created for my forums a week or two ago that I said I would release after I've finished using it for my personal uses. Well I'm currently developing V2 of the theme. Once I'm happy with it; it'll stay with me until I've decided to change / make a new personal use theme. This theme will most likely be sold.

There's still a lot I can fix up / make better; but I thought first off I'd show ya'll the new Header look for it.

As you can see I've added in such things as a Mini stats section, as well as put the logo in a class of its own and moving around the toplinks to make them look more sleek on the background.

I'm extremely open to any suggestions you may have about me and this theme. Remember; whatever you help put into this will be given back to you once it's released.

(The users who help most out by coming up with some good idea's / suggestions will recieve the theme for free instead of paying. Smile) Please note: You must have 3 or more quality suggestions to be able to do this.

Thank you and I look forward to your suggestions.
A live demo of the can be found here.

-Jordan.

Suggested Fixes / Changes.

#1 - Make navigation more obvious. (Tierney)
#2 - Fix background colour bug. (Tierney)
#3 - Play around with different .tcat colours. (Tierney) [I feel this is not needed.]
#4 - Fix last post bug. (Tierney) [No longer an issue.]
#5 - Login form display. (Darkly)
#6 - Fix up all buttons. [Modified; fixing all buttons.] (Darkly)
#7 - Find a use for the space on the login form. (LiteMyBB)
#8 - Organize the Footer. (LiteMyBB)
#9 - Do something about the space above the navigation. (LiteMyBB)
#10 - Frame or something to define the Avatar in Header. (LiteMyBB)
#11 - Load Default Avatar if None. (LiteMyBB)
#12 - PM Spacing. Make it equal + different colour. (LiteMyBB)
#13 - Even out the two Panels, 1px difference. (LiteMyBB)
#14 - Statistics Link Bug. (LiteMyBB)
#15 - Suggested Logo Roatation Option. (LiteMyBB) [Not wanted.]
#16 - "Today's Posts" bug. (Glas)
#17 - Default avatar in profile too. (Glas) [Not needed or possible.]
#18 - Star Rating image change. (Glas)

Members whom are on the free list:

#1 - Tierney.
#2 - Darkly.
#3 - LiteMyBB.
#4 - Glas.
I would suggest making the navagation just a bit more obvious. It just seems so out of the way right now. Like an afterthought. The background image seems to completely stop and turn into a color, which dosen't look that great. Maybe make the background permanant (like when you scroll it stays exactly where it is?) When you go into a thread and on the top bar (of the thread) it says "Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Tools?" change the color of that, because it is too dark. On the last post of this thread there is a white boarder around the last post. Remove that if you can, because it dosen't go with the rest of the theme (same goes for "Board Statistics").
Quote:I would suggest making the navagation just a bit more obvious. It just seems so out of the way right now. Like an afterthought.

Added to the fix list.

Quote:The background image seems to completely stop and turn into a color, which dosen't look that great.

There seems to be a colour problem between my computer and others. On my desktop; it shows darker colours often. I checked on my laptop after you mentioned this, and you're correct. I'll fix it asap.

Quote:When you go into a thread and on the top bar (of the thread) it says "Threaded Mode | Linear Mode Tools?" change the color of that, because it is too dark.

It seems fine to me. But I'll see what else I can do. Smile

Quote:On the last post of this thread there is a white boarder around the last post. Remove that if you can, because it dosen't go with the rest of the theme (same goes for "Board Statistics").

I'm sort of unsure what you mean by that. I don't seem to have the problem? Perhaps a screenshot?

Thanks.
I've added you to the free user list. Smile

1. [Image: 2hx0mcg.png]

The "Login" button could be moved next to the "Password" form

2. [Image: 5fiw3n.png]

The "New thread" button should be at the same position as the "New Reply" button

Smile
Never mind about the last one. It kinda looks good.

(2010-04-25, 11:40 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]

The "New thread" button should be at the same position as the "New Reply" button

Smile

I agree with the first one, just move the time down one line. And I also agree with the second one, I just didn't notice it before Toungue

The background is perfect now too.
(2010-04-25, 11:40 AM)darkly Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile

Thank you, Dark;y. I've added them in. I've also updated the rules; you must have 3 quality suggestions. You have 2, but considering I updated after you posted; I've added you on the list. Smile

Quote:The background is perfect now too.

Glad to here it's fixed. Smile
Nice theme.

My suggestions:
1. When you are not loged in, next to the logo maybe have something in that free space ? It looks odd as the logo box is double the "Please login" box Toungue
2. The "New Thread" button is out of placed, if you look at the reply button there is a little space under it but the new thread button has no space.
3. The footer (Under the stats) looks a little :s, maybe organise that a bit more ? Like add a box around it or something
4. You should do something about the free space above the navigation.
5. Possibly add a frame around the avatar to make it look better ? And if their is no avatar set, make it load a default avatar.
Thank you for all your suggestions LiteMyBB, I have added them.
Goodluck on fixing/improving it. Smile
Bug:
The statics are buged Toungue - In the header thing next to the logo it says:

Username:

Unread PMs: 
Total PMs: 
Warning: 

& the actual bug is if you click any of the titles from username to Total PM's it logs you out as the links = logout link Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6