MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [size=x] Text size tag relative?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you use the text size dropdown MyBB will use tags like [size=small ]. However, it is also possible to use numbers instead of 'small', for example [size=1 ].

As long as I can remember [size=1 ] has always been small text, but I don't use the size tag that often and recently noticed [size=1 ] doesn't make the text small anymore. Instead the size tag is now relative, so you need to use a negative number to get a small text, for example [size=-2 ]. When did this functionality change, and why? More to the point, is there a way to restore the original functionality? The big problem is a lot of old posts on my board use [size=1 ] when a small text is intended, but the current version of MyBB will show such text in the regular font size.

Using MyBB 1.4.13.

This is a [size=-8 ] test
This is a [size=-7 ] test
This is a [size=-6 ] test
This is a [size=-5 ] test
This is a [size=-4 ] test
This is a [size=-3 ] test
This is a [size=-2 ] test (in old MyBB versions you used to get this size with [size=1 ])
This is a [size=-1 ] test
This is a [size=0 ] test
This is a [size=1 ] test
This is a [size=2 ] test
This is a [size=3 ] test
This is a [size=4 ] test
This is a [size=5 ] test
This is a [size=6 ] test
This is a [size=7 ] test
This is a [size=8 ] test
This wouldn't have been changed within the 1.4 branch, i.e. it would have been like this since August 2008... was it numbers in 1.2?? Was your board running 1.2 at some point??
Yes, I have been using 1.2 too. Can't remember exactly which version this specific board started out with, launched it in 2004.