MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am I being stupid or what?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm trying to re-install my forum. But I'm having trouble logging into my FTP.. I get this error...

"Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server"

I don't know whether or not this has anything to do with my name servers? As I had to change my name servers for using my old hosting..

All the login details are correct. Anybody know whats going on here?
Nothing we can do about it, it's an issue with connecting to FTP, nothing to do with MyBB, you'll need to ask your host. Why do you need to reinstall anyway??
Oh I thought someone might know what the problem is.

I don't really need to re-install I would just like to start the forum from scratch. So I'm using 000webhost as a temporary host until I have some money together for a decent host.. My old host let me down big style..

Thanks anyway..
It could be a nameserver issue, other configuration issue, login details could be something other than what you expect, server could be having a problem... 000webhost should be able to give better details on what's going wrong. How long ago did you change the nameservers??
Turned out it was the nameservers.. I was being stupid & forgot to change them to 000webhost name server.
000webhost is probably the worst host going. Get a better host.
Indeed Sajuuk, I used to use it, tried to upload MyBB and it stopped at like 50 to go, then cleared the FTP.
000webhost will only be temporary.. I already had a registered account so it was a quicker option.
Don't even use it temporarily
(2010-04-25, 05:07 PM)Sajuuk Wrote: [ -> ]000webhost is probably the worst host going. Get a better host.

Care to expand on that?

I presume there's some very good reasons for your hatred.
Pages: 1 2