MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: permision guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have got a forum with 10 subforums.
The permission for the forum is that all groups can view it.
The permission for the 10 subforums is that only people who signed in can view the forum.

When I go to the forum as guest I see
0 threads
0 posts

When I go to the forum a member I see
83 threads
1136 posts

Question
I thought that also guest could see how many posts and threads there are and that they get the message by trying to view what is in it SORRY YOU HAD MUST BE SIGNED IN TO VIEW
This is not possible in MYBB right now but as far I know Labrocca posted a tutorial about how to do it. You need to do some core edits to make it work. I will post the tutorial link as soon I found it.
If you could do this that would be great.

For me guest may know how many threads and how many posts there are in a (sub) forum.

I tried several things.

1. forum permission for guest view no, subforum permission for guest view no
Now guests cannot see even the name of the forum

2. forum permission for guest view no, subforum permission for guest view yes
Now guests can see the name of the forum but not how many posts and threads there are

3. forum permission for guest view yes, subforum permission for guest view no
Now guests can see the name of the forum but not how many posts and threads there are

I think when a guest see the name of the forum but not how many posts there made in it they think it is empty.
I think it is better that they can see how many posts and threads there are and they get the message by clicking on it they get the message you must be a registered member to view this forum, they get interested to sign in. For example a forum with photos is then interested for guests to become a member.