MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Video Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys =) I've been trying to do my homework and find out what's what. And I've specifically been looking for video scripts, and I have found some really promising ones. But my host doesn't seem to support FFMpeg, FLVTOOL2, or MEcoder. =/ Now I don't know what these are, but apparently my host doesn't have it

So I'm wondering if you guys could help me out. Do you guys know of one that I can use? =/
You'll most likely need a vps at minimum for a video script. Yes, some shared will allow them but you'll be using a lot of resources to reencode them and you'll be using a lot of bandwidth.
Ah. No problem then =) Thanks Alex ^_^
If i'm correct I think FFMpeg allows flash players to fast forward/rewind videos on the fly.
ffmpeg/mencoder are decoding/encoding applications. They're actually very similar.

Video encoding is VERY CPU intensive, and I'd recommend a minimum of a dual core/CPU dedicated server if you want to host videos and actually expect people to upload stuff.
Well that makes sense. =) Thanks Yumi. I'm looking into all that now =P