MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question On Feeds To "Latest Threads"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On our forum we are having an issue where alot of general discussion and socializing is occuring on the site, and the root basis for the forum is being overlooked. I look at the side of my screen some days in horror...when all the topics that are appearing are little chit chat posts.

Is there a way to remove the feed to the Latest Threads section for a particular category, and how would the settings be accomplished? Any suggestions, feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
If you just want to hear about updates and stuff it would probably be better to watch the blogs RSS.
Actually I don't want updates to Latest Threads to show from specific categories in the forum, I just don't know if it be configured that way.
What has this thread got to do with anything about mybboard.net?
Hi, I have a similar issue - I dont want the latest from SOME forums to appear in my latest posts on portal page. We have chitchat threads etc and I don't want them to show. This is not related to RSS feeds.....

In portal settings the options are

Show Latest Discussions
Do you wish to show the current forum discussions on the portal page?

I would like to know if I can do an edit in the mybb portal.php - and if so what and where? If I can find out what to change I will have a go at a plug in Smile

EDIT: Found it!! http://community.mybb.com/thread-60076-p...#pid429499