MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help . . . where are these settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a first test install of MyBB on a server with one of my Hosting sites and everything went fine. I even added some styles and played around with it, happiness.

OK, then I installed it on a different host exactly the same, but I get a rights error when I click on Add a new style in the Admin section. So, what I want to do it zip up the install on my first host where everything ran fine, which I did and move it to the second host server, but aha . . . the database has a different name and login etc. I can't even get into the admin, with the database info wrong, so I need to find the file that holds that info to change the database name etc?

I could just use a text editor or Dreamweaver if it's a PHP file. Is there a config file somewhere, help . . . and thanks
Install a new copy again. it shall work fine

Else:
1. ./inc/settings.php
2. ./inc/config.php
Yea . . . I found the config.php file and changed the database, although it used the Admin ID I used for the second Host, strange. But, I got in there and when I hit anything about Styles in Admin I get a rights issue with index.php. And that is strange cause I had to use that file just to get into to admin with no error.

This host is Hostgator and the guy said it is strange, but said I should enter a ticket explaining the issue and they will escalate it to the php Admins. They are fast, so we'll see what they find.

I will install a fresh install so when it is figured out, I won't be using the copy from the first host . . . thanks
I contacted "Support" and they fixed it fast . . . Same issue as your shortcut took me to.
=====================================================================
Hello,
It appears that something on the import a theme page was hitting one of our mod_security rules, which I have since whitelisted for your domain. You should now be able to access this part of your site without getting the 403 Forbidden error again.

Ryan Hanson
Linux Systems Administrator
HostGator.com LLC