MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have a very nice menu installed on my forum, entirely from CSS:

www.vampirecounts.net

The code for this is in the global.css and in the header template for members.

However I would like to modify it slightly, so that when a user hovers over a certain option, then a descriptive text pops up / fades etc just above the Navigation bar.

Now I have asked elsewhere, and I was advised that I might need to user javascript, of which I have little knowledge. So my questions are:

Does anyone know of a code / script that can do this, or point me in the right direction for it?
Where should I input this code / script to make it work?

Thank you.
In the a tag, put title="Blah", changing Blah with the text you want to pop up.
That pops up with a little box (think its a toolbit?) with the text? I actually wanted it to come up in a separate area.

For example if you look at MyBB Source, when you hover over the top right options, some text appears above the options? That is basically what I want to do.

Could you advise how I can do this?
Ooh okay. That's a little more complicated.
I think that involves some javascript and css. Might wanna check dynamic drive.
Actually you can do it with just CSS, but it would take a little bit of explaining.
If you could explain it to me, I would really appreciate it. I would prefer to stick to just CSS if possible.
I'll do the best I can.

Are you using a ul for the menu or tables?
Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by ul?

I have the the layout etc in the global.css, and then the actual selections in the header_welcomeblock_member if that makes any sense. I can PM you the details if required.
<ul>
    <li>Nav Item</li>
<ul>
Pages: 1 2