MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moved host and now can't do anything with functions.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there. I own a mybb forum and decided my host sucked. So I downloaded all the files through FTP and then uploaded them to the new host. I also changed the nameservers of my domain, uploaded the mysql data, and edited mybb config to match the new database info. Problem is I keep on getting this weird error:
Quote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare log_admin_action() (previously declared in /srv/disk1/kennethm777/www/discussionpalace.com/admin/inc/functions.php:17) in /~/www/discussionpalace.com/admin/inc/functions.php on line 41
Anyone have any ideas? Undecided

Another error found: when trying to quick edit, I get this:
Quote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare output_page() (previously declared in /~/www/discussionpalace.com/inc/functions.php:17) in /srv/disk1/kennethm777/www/discussionpalace.com/inc/functions.php on line 108
Reupload a new copy of ./admin/inc/functions.php from a fresh download, the function is only declared once.
I still get the same error. :|
Reupload all of the MyBB non-image files and rewrite those on the server (excluding the settings.php, config.php and the install folder)

Do you have the same problem?
Look in that file on your server, how many times is that function defined??
(2010-04-27, 01:10 PM)Sajuuk Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload all of the MyBB non-image files and rewrite those on the server (excluding the settings.php, config.php and the install folder)

Do you have the same problem?
I have done this and still get the same error.

@MattRogowski oddly only once is it defined.

Another error found: when trying to quick edit, I get this:
Quote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare output_page() (previously declared in /~/www/discussionpalace.com/inc/functions.php:17) in /srv/disk1/kennethm777/www/discussionpalace.com/inc/functions.php on line 108
You must have something different with your files somewhere. Can you PM me FTP login details??
(2010-04-26, 10:55 PM)Xarver Wrote: [ -> ]

That's a very strange message, ~ should never appear in a path like that, as that's the Unix / Linux shorthand for the home directory, and is usually expanded by the shell, so it's never actually seen as ~ by any program. It should say /srv/disk1/kennethm777/www/ like in the other message. MyBB (or PHP's require_once) could end up loading its files twice, if it thinks it's in two directories at once. It would be an issue with how your host set up their PHP environment then.
(2010-04-29, 04:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You must have something different with your files somewhere. Can you PM me FTP login details??

Sent. Smile
Well, the files are indeed OK, so I'd ask your host about what frostschutz said... what I'm confused about though is why, for example, the output_page() error only occurs when quick editing, and not on all pages??
Pages: 1 2