MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bridging Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was asked yesterday by a client to make a bridge between WordPress and MyBB, so the users information can be shared and so they don't need to register at two different places.

I have found the right function for WordPress to complete the registration bridge, but there are some things that I need to know.

1. I notice a "salt" and a "loginkey". Is there code that I should insert into the WordPress function before the query to add the information to create these, or can they be left blank? I have found the rand_str(8) and rand_str(50), should I just put those in there?

2. Where is the function, or page, with the INSERT query for the registration process at MyBB? I have been searching so many files, but there is no registration_functions.php or register.php or anything with register, so it is hidden somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
2 - The registration code is in member.php starting from line 58. And the actual INSERT line is 424.

Hope that helps Smile
Yes, thank you very much.

I actually have another question too:

3. What code do you create to make the registration date timestamp?
Do you mean:

Line 382
$timenow = time();
and
Line 390
"regdate" => $timenow,

Or have I misunderstood the question?
If you understood the question, all they are doing is using the time() function as the regdate in the MySQL database?
Spooky Wrote:If you understood the question, all they are doing is using the time() function as the regdate in the MySQL database?
yea thats right Smile