MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "MySQL server has gone away" error due to datacache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

we are using MyBB as discussion board for a site. We are creating Categories and Forums, forum permissions, user groups, users, moderators, etc into MyBB from the website. Means we are controlling MyBB from that site. After few days, now we are getting some error with datacache table. Forums are creating in MyBB but users are not getting permissions for those forums. Right now we have 113 records in mybb_usergroups table. And the size of the Sql backup file for MyBB is about 3MB. If we are updating MyBB database with old backups then it is working for some days, then after again same problem is coming. Here is the error....

Fatal error: [SQL] [2006] MySQL server has gone away
REPLACE INTO mybb_datacache SET title='forumpermissions',cache='a:949:{i:0;i:0;i:1065;a:3:{i:177;a:17:{s:3:\"pid\";s:3:\"782\";s:3:\"fid\";s:4:\"1065\";s:3:\"gid\";s:3:\"177\";s:7:\"canview\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canviewthreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:16:\"candlattachments\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canpostthreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:13:\"canpostreplys\";s:1:\"1\";s:18:\"canpostattachments\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canratethreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:12:\"caneditposts\";s:1:\"0\";s:14:\"candeleteposts\";s:1:\"0\";s:16:\"candeletethreads\";s:1:\"0\";s:18:\"caneditattachments\";s:1:\"0\";s:12:\"canpostpolls\";s:1:\"0\";s:12:\"canvotepolls\";s:1:\"1\";s:9:\"cansearch\";s:1:\"1\";}i:178;a:17:{s:3:\"pid\";s:3:\"783\";s:3:\"fid\";s:4:\"1065\";s:3:\"gid\";s:3:\"178\";s:7:\"canview\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canviewthreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:16:\"candlattachments\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canpostthreads\";s:1:\"1\";s:13:\"canpostreplys\";s:1:\"1\";s:18:\"canpostattachments\";s:1:\"1\";s:14:\"canratethreads\";s:1: in E:\www\testingsrvr\mybb\inc\db_mysql.php on line 548

We tried so many alternatives but we are unable to solve this issue. Can anyone please help me to solve this issue....

-Ravi.
This is a host issue. Please contact your host to deal with the problem.
Thankyou,

But we are getting that error in my local system also. In the server they are using MySQL Client API version is "3.23.49". when i googled, i found that as we can resolve this by changing the values of these values "max_allowed_packet = 2M
wait_timeout = 28800
connect_timeout = 10
query_cache_size = 2M
query_cache_limit = 2M" in "MY.INI" file.

But one of the guy who is maintaining our project in their server, he saying those variables are not available that client version.

can we resolve this issue by upgrading MySQL?

Please, can any one please help us to fix this...

-Ravi.
Is the MySQL client API version directly related to the actual MySQL version?? Because MySQL 3 is extremely old and won't work with MyBB, or any other piece of software I've seen.
You're using a version of MySQL that will not work on any version of internet forum software.
You must upgrade to MySQL 5.0.19 (I think) for the best chance of keeping to the latest software.
(2010-04-29, 06:26 PM)Sajuuk Wrote: [ -> ]You're using a version of MySQL that will not work on any version of internet forum software.
You must upgrade to MySQL 5.0.19 (I think) for the best chance of keeping to the latest software.

If that is the case, it should be work on my local system also. because i'm using mysql 5.0 in my local system. If i'm rollbacking the current mybb db with the old db, then its working fine. I'm thinking by upgrading the MySQL version is not the correct solution.