MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Navigation bar & favicon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've searched through these forums the past 2 days and haven't been able to solve my problem yet.. so with that being said here's my issue

How do I get my forum to appear as part of a page so my regular website navigation bar appears as it does on this site?

Also I've added the favicon.ico to my forum folder but it isn't appearing..

site link: sicksigs.com

Thanks in advance for the help!
well, add favicon to your website root and that should fix it

You could do the nav bar using a php include or using html frames(although they are quite outdated now)
I would not suggest using an iframe to make the forums look like your website. It could be much better to just make a theme to match the website.

And like tommykent1210 said, as long as you uploaded the favicon.ico file to your root folder it should work.
I heard you can just upload it to your website's root folder and it will grab it by default.
Still need help making my forum a part of a page on my site (like it is here) instead of its own seperate page like it is now.. thanks in advance for your help!
Really the best way is just to make a theme to match your site.
(2010-04-28, 02:58 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Really the best way is just to make a theme to match your site.

I'm not sure how I would go about that? you mean that they completed a completely seperate theme when adding this forum to the site.. there's no way to just make it appear in the page?

sry if these questions sound noobish
Without iframes I don't know of any other way. And I don't recommend them.

I'm not sure if that's how they went about it here, but that's the only other way I can think of.
It's def not an Iframe here.. It would mess up when navigating from this area to another if it was (you would see a page inside a page)..

This just seems like a great deal of work and I would think it would be common for users to want to do this?
Pages: 1 2