MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First: How would I be able to add code to the member.php file, after you register and it says "Please activate your account"? I am going to be making a plugin that will use this.

Second: How would I get the email information from a registration onto the page that says "Please activate your account"?
(2010-04-27, 09:06 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]First: How would I be able to add code to the member.php file, after you register and it says "Please activate your account"? I am going to be making a plugin that will use this.

Hook into member_do_register_end

You could probably either append the language variable or use error('blah blah blah');

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/MyBB_Plugin_Hooks

(2010-04-27, 09:06 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Second: How would I get the email information from a registration onto the page that says "Please activate your account"?

You could probably use $mybb->input['field']; if I understand what your trying to do correctly.
Basicly I'm going to try and make a plugin which shows a link to the email site the user entered with thier registratuion.

Edit: Tim, how would I get the code to go in a spesific area of the code if I use the hooks?
Anybody?
Simply call $mybb->user['email']

then snip the result after the @ sign Smile
But I guess my question is how would I place the email with the link at the bottom of the box? How would I position it where I want it?
Which box is this?
The box that says "You have registered. An activation email has been sent."