MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: rounded corners for IE and chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've found CSS for rounded corners on Firefox and Safari but nothing for IE and chrome users.. thanks in advance for your help!!
For chrome its -webkit-border-radius, and you can't do them with IE... Yet.
(2010-04-27, 11:17 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]For chrome its -webkit-border-radius, and you can't do them with IE... Yet.

Thanks a bundle.. so all these rounded themes I see won't work on IE?
hmm that code doesn't seem to be working? Am I using it wrong?

webkit-border-radius:5px
There are some java scripts out there that claim to work with IE but none I've tested really works that well. I think we just have to accept that IE is, and will always be an inferior browser.
(2010-04-27, 11:23 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-27, 11:17 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]For chrome its -webkit-border-radius, and you can't do them with IE... Yet.

You have to have a - in front of it. -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
(2010-04-27, 11:30 PM)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]There are some java scripts out there that claim to work with IE but none I've tested really works that well. I think we just have to accept that IE is, as will always be an inferior browser.

I heard IE9 will be CSS3 compatible Smile
(2010-04-27, 11:38 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-27, 11:23 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]

You have to have a - in front of it. -webkit-border-radius: 5px;
(2010-04-27, 11:30 PM)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]There are some java scripts out there that claim to work with IE but none I've tested really works that well. I think we just have to accept that IE is, as will always be an inferior browser.

I heard IE9 will be CSS3 compatible Smile

I got it.. thanks again!!!
(2010-04-27, 11:13 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]I've found CSS for rounded corners on Firefox and Safari but nothing for IE

Until IE9 is released (and those stuck in the dark ages upgrade to it) the only way to get curved corners in IE reliably is to use rounded images, it can take a bit of work but it's best way, even on the other browsers if you ask me.
(2010-04-28, 12:25 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-27, 11:13 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: [ -> ]I've found CSS for rounded corners on Firefox and Safari but nothing for IE

Until IE9 is released (and those stuck in the dark ages upgrade to it) the only way to get curved corners in IE reliably is to use rounded images, it can take a bit of work but it's best way, even on the other browsers if you ask me.

That's why I don't even bother making things IE friendly Toungue
(2010-04-28, 12:25 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]

ya i've spent the last hour trying to get my table headers rounded in photoshop and it still looks bad IMO lol
Pretty sure just border-radius works now and is cross-browser for anything that supports CSS3 isn't it?? I thought I read somewhere to phase out the -moz and -webkit stuff for selectors like this because there was a global version, border-radius
Pages: 1 2