MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Needing some guidance on Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am a new devotee of this wonderful software but also new to Forum management so please forgive this simpleton for asking what is probably an easily solved question.

How do I Accept the License Agreement? I think that is what is causing me to encounter this error message on step 2 of the install.

License Agreement
Fatal error: Call to undefined function fetch_remote_file() in D:\Hosting\6046771\html\forum\inc\functions_serverstats.php on line 208

Thanks for your time and attention,
Cynthia
Ack! I see the thread did not get where I intended it to be. I am sorry for this also. Jeesh, what a way to make a good first impression.
What PHP version are you using?

Also is this a fresh install and did you download the latest version directly from http://www.mybboard.net/downloads ?
Hi Tim,

I am on a Windows Hosted Server which I think is using IIS7 which enables PHP5. I will have to go and check to be sure I am not using IIS6.

Yes this is a fresh install downloaded directly from this site.

I will go and check with GoDaddy to ensure that I am able to have PHP5 support with the hosting package I bought. I will return whenever I find the answer.

Thanks for your time.
Hi Tim,

I am indeed using PHP version 5. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Cynthia
If that function is undefined you'll need to ask your host to enable it; first time anyone's not had this function though. Is there any particular reason you chose Windows over Linux??
Thanks for the answer Matt. I will shoot them off a request.

On choosing Windows over Linux, no particlular reason at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I hope I don't live to regret it.

Regards,
Cynthia
Hello Matt, Tim and any other kind souls willing to help.

This is the answer back from GoDaddy.

After reviewing your account I was unable to recreate your issue nor was I able to find any issues with the way your hosting account is performing. I have found the file in question is present on your hosting account. This issue is either being caused by a coding issue or you are attempting to install a program on a hosting plan that does not meet the requirements of the program. I recommend you check on the system requirements of the program you are attempting to install and make sure it is compatible with your hosting plan. If you do not find anything that could cause an issue I recommend you attempt to reinstall the forum. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing you.

I believe that my hosting package does meet the system requirements of the program and I can't reinstall it because it is not installed to start with. I will delete all pertinent files and re-upload the install files and see if anything changes.
OK then, I inadvertently figured it out. I unchecked this box on the Welcome page.

Send anonymous statistics about your server specifications to the MyBB Group (What information is sent?)

And I was then able to smoothly move on to the Licence page.

Thanks for your time,
Cynthia