MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: English Question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So i am writing a book of an odd nature. To CAwesome and other people grammar nazi's users who are newer and don't know about 5k posts back, when i stated i write books, i do, and i edit them hundreds of times to make them grammatically correct. So the book i am writing a book about how people go into love deeply, put trust in places they shouldn't, abuse and more. Because many of these characters are based on real occurrences, i said to them i wouldn't use their names. Every name i came up with had a story though. Instead of making new names, i am writing the book with only "her she he him there etc" no names.

So would any of you people, grammar nazi's users, ever read a book like that?

Edit 1)people.
Edit 2) Grammar nazis...
Me fail English? That's unpossible!

[Image: Ralph_Wiggum.gif]
(2010-04-28, 01:05 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Me fail English? That's unpossible!

[Image: Ralph_Wiggum.gif]

As much as i lol'd i am looking for serious grammar nazi user feedback
I got lost in your first post. Sad
(2010-04-28, 01:26 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I got lost in your first post. Sad

Should've guessed. I'm writing a book with nameless characters in short. Only "he she him her their etc" can be used. No names.
Why not use false names? Without names it would probably make the character seem "less human" and making it hard for the reader to get interested in a object versus a person. I can't recall ever reading anything without names but I think I would be less likely to identify with them or feel any attachment or interest in them.
(2010-04-28, 01:53 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Why not use false names? Without names it would probably make the character seem "less human" and making it hard for the reader to get interested in a object versus a person. I can't recall ever reading anything without names but I think I would be less likely to identify with them or feel any attachment or interest in them.

Because of the common nature of the event, i don't want to cause any trouble or harm for the, people who gone through it. There could be a bob joe ken or grape that have gone through it. I will not do that to someone.
I think the biggest problem with not having names is ambiguity regarding multiple people of the same gender ("He did this, but then he did that."). I was thinking of doing a comic where everyone (and everything) was nameless (more like the names are there but never mentioned) but that would be easier since the visual association and spacial layout would help reduce ambiguity.
I never have more then 4 characters in a scene Smile
As my native language is Spanish
My English grammar is not perfect
i tend to butthurt grammar nazis easily without inttention
But i liked the idea of your book
I wish to read it
and even more if you will make it the most grammatical correctly
i will learn from it

I wonder it will be free?
Pages: 1 2