MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to restore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi I backed up in admin control panel then moved to a new server. I am just wondering how do I restore?

I found this but it did not work.
http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Database_Restore
Did you get any errors when trying to import it using phpmyadmin's sql function?
(2010-04-28, 07:37 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get any errors when trying to import it using phpmyadmin's sql function?

I don't have phpmyadmin, I was hoping I wouldn't need to install it.
I am in the same boat? How to do a restore? And can I do it from an older version (.12). And what the heck is phpmyadmin??? And where can I find it. The WIKI does not match at all to do restore.

Graveyardskulls
phpMyAdmin should be in your host control panel, extremely rare it's not.
And this is located under the ADMIN section of the forum?
phpMyAdmin is from your host, like cPanel. It has nothing to do with MyBB. So if your host doesn't have it, it's nothing to do with MyBB.
Yes, as I said, it's in your host control panel. It's just a general MySQL database management interface.
Hi, Folks!

I successfully established a test version of my new Forum with myBB, it was done during last 2-3 weeks and I have all features I like to have (even with Portal site, Chat, Youtube implementation). So great....

Now I want migrate this test version (here) via backup (export) and by importing (restore) to a new domain address. The provider is the same, so from that side we dont need any worries unexpected had changed.

I exported/backupped successfully with MySQLDumper, a real cool tool, easy to handle... and freeware, but high professionally.

Now I imported the data in my new mybb on the new address (here). Even this worked smoothly with MySqlDumper.

As it looks I have in the database all tables, the regular ones with "mybb_...." (prefix 2) and those tables of the imported with another prefix "testversion_...." (prefix 1).

Nothing is visible yet on the web of all the content I have posted in the test version (at all round about 180). I suppose its because the prefix of both databases are different.

I already posted this thematic in the forum of MySQLdumper, and they told me, that I would have to change in the config.php or a smilar named file of mybb the prefixes, database and user name. So I tried unsuccessfully... instead 1st I got the server message, that access forbidden, as Unix code has to be set down to 755. So I did in Cpanel, but still I have no access to config.php. Maybe its another file (?????).

Can anyone tell me the right steps (or less give me a correct link) to activate the imported tables with the prefix2 (out of the test version) ? (Rec.: I have phpmyAdmin in Cpanel, too.)

Haven't found that source yet here in the forum. Would thank you for your support. I dont want do any mistakes, so better asking befor trying.

And what do I with the all those files I have now at mybb_... ? - Will they be overwritten ? - I am total newbee in these things... and dont want produce huge data garbage on the server and in the mysql databases.

Already thank's for your attention and suppport. TC/PF2010.
Where exactly is the server error you see...?? Once you've imported the backup to the new database you just need to put the correct details into ./inc/config.php, put whatever prefix your tables use. You can't have two MyBB tables with the same prefix as it'll say it already exists if you try and import it.
Pages: 1 2