MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am a happy convert . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what to say, except I just finished getting my first MyBB Forum up and running.

I have a few vBulletin licenses and until now, I never thought I would use anything else. But, I got caught up in the VB 4 upgrade and paying the price that seemed too high and not being happy with the new version. I am still wrestling to get things running right. I will say the new version does have some very nice features with the CMS and Blog built into the suite version, so this is not meant to be a bad-rap.

But, and I mean BUT . . . . I am a member of a club that has only about 50 members and not very high posting activity, so using one of my licenses on that Forum seemed a waste. So, I went out looking for an alternative and after spending alot of time testing, installing and playing around. I decided on MyBB. I have done test installs and did my own style changes and customizing it and I just did a merge to move the data from the VB 3.8 Forum into MyBB. The whole process went smoothly and everything is perfect!

Tomorrow I will announce to the club that the new Forum is available and I'm sure they'll like it. It looks good has all the merged data and they probably won't even notice the change. Thank You MyBB developers and all I can say is, how could you create such a functional piece of software and charge nothing for it, remarkable and Thanks

Would appreciate any feedback on how it looks or if I have done anything wrong . . .

http://www.k0gq.com/forum/
In MyBBland, gratitude is the currency and that of which the MyBB team has an endless supply (unfortunately the coversion rate to USD is less than stellar). Wink
Radio forum!!!! Awesome. Glad to hear you have converted and are happy Smile
Nice to see another convert. Smile Hope you like it!