MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can i edit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
is it possable to edit the "my code" help document?
i have just added the media player and would like to add these tags to the list also.
Yes, you can edit any help document and add your own.

Admin CP -> Help Docs -> Modfiy / Delete -> (on page) Posting -> myCode -> [edit]
i tried this, it just brings up th elist to select the order of the docs.
Quote:Document ID 7
Enabled Yes No
Display Order
Document Section
i copyed it - thats all it says Confused
heloo there

the help section text can be edited by editing ./inc/language/english/helpdocs.lang.php

it is Help Document 7

Many regards
ok - not a good idea, i shouldnt have tried to edit it i screwed it up! that page wouldnt even load - just aswell i have th sense to back up the file before editing it.
could soe on eadd this to the file and attach it to a post for me?
Quote:ok - not a good idea

well this is the only way!!

and take not that it's not accessible from the browser, you have to edit it! using an online editor, or on your pc then upload it.
now what you can do, is to upload a default one, which came with mybb pack!

the thing that might have screwed you file is for example missing a quotation ' double quotations " or missed a semi column ;you have removed one by mistake, pls when editing that, make sure to have it this way

$l['ur_new_thing'] = "text here";

you can removed any of the characters, just edit what in between the quotations.

for the mybb help document , they are the text that belongs to $l['d7_document']
regards
ok - this doesnt seem to be making sense now Sad
il just make a thread on how to add the mediaplayer instead
thanks for your help
listen !! send me the description you want to add , and i willadd it to the lang file and attach it

regards
[wmp]url here[/wmp]
To add a media player to posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks! help much appreciatd -your a great member on the forums i have seen you on!
Upload it to ./inc/language/english

regards
Pages: 1 2