MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Integrate MyBB Ideas more into Suggestions section here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if the "MyBB Ideas" is a plugin (I think it definitely deserves to be!), but regardelss, I think there should be a feature at the bottom when posting a suggestion at "Suggestions and Feedback" where you can choose to include the post in the Ideas section for voting.

Unless I misunderstand something, I'm currently forced to double post there.

Smile
I think there is no need to post it on both pages...
(2010-04-29, 12:12 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is no need to post it on both pages...

How else? - ref to that this post is sticky in the "suggestions and ideas" forum: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-16503.html

Thank you StefanT Smile
I don't think it's necessary to post both immediately. I would post the suggestion in the forums and if it turns out to be usable, post it on the ideas site.
(2010-04-29, 08:06 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's necessary to post both immediately. I would post the suggestion in the forums and if it turns out to be usable, post it on the ideas site.
Well, you're of course right - but point is merely that it requires an extra effort to post at both places. I'm suggesting adding an option to post to both directly if one wants to.

OR maybe the separation is intentional to "filter out" not-so-thought-through ideas. It just doesn't come across as such from the recommendation in that quoted post above.

But I didn't suggest it to start a discussion. It's just a friendly suggestion and as long as a conscious decision is made on it, regardless if dismissed, I'm happy.

Smile
I think it's fair that everyone has the opportunity to discuss a modification for community project as such, no?

This kind of relates to the plugins in a way. Mirrored content. I honestly don't see the point of having two discussion areas. The ideas site is better suited for ideas (you can 'like' ideas).
I didn't understand the original post, i.e
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-16503.html
like that, but fair enough - your take makes sense.

Smile