MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: For plugin library here, include normal discussion threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I know if there are optional plugins? How do I know if a plugin is incompatible with some other plugin? I can't subscribe to the comments there.

- I think a regular type discussion thread should follow each plugin (and immediately under it, not via the side menu where it is hidden).
I can't really think of any plugins that are incompatible with others. If they are one of the developers messed up.

I also don't really know of any plugins that depend on other plugins without someone mentioning it.(I can only think that a couple may have taken advantage of the php in templates plugin by zinga but they mention it in the description).

It's up to the author if they want to make a post on the forum as well. I actually recommend looking through the plugin release forum for support and plugins that aren't in the plugin database because they are paid plugins from an authors site.
The only way plugins are incompatible is when authors give their variables and lang variable common names. If the lang variable are unique most plugins work fine with each other.
At some point we'll be changing how the release system works. The specifics have escaped me for now but I think adding something to the Mods site will automatically create a release thread.
As I said before I'd rather see the forums used as a directory and the mods site the actual discussion portion. Either that or integrate the downloads into the forum. No need to use two separate systems.
(2010-04-29, 08:07 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]As I said before I'd rather see the forums used as a directory and the mods site the actual discussion portion.

Would that not be the complete opposite of the intended function of each system?? Toungue The Mods site should be the directory as that's what it essentially is now, and the forums should be used for discussions as it's, well, a forum. Just checked with Dennis and what will probably happen is adding something to the Mods site will automatically create a release thread, which would save people having to post the same info twice, and would save us having to approve the mod and approve the thread too. It makes much more sense to discuss them on the forums than on another system.
Alan Crisp has been working on a revamp of functionality pertaining to this and other issues over the past month or so. I'm sure, when he's ready, he'll be able to share further details on the update and what it addresses.
Quick Question, if there is a revamp of the system, will all previous themes/mods automatically be added to this system, or are Staff/Creators going to have to manually re-add all of them.
(2010-04-29, 10:32 PM)Lyndon Dueck Wrote: [ -> ]Quick Question, if there is a revamp of the system, will all previous themes/mods automatically be added to this system, or are Staff/Creators going to have to manually re-add all of them.

It's an update to the site. We're not "starting over".

So no, nothing is going to disappear.
Ok so what about this theme creation process that was talked about? Will Developers be able to link their existing threads or will new ones be automatically generated?
Pages: 1 2