MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello.
I bought a forum from someone two days ago, and when users try to subscribe to a thread, they get that error. I too get it. I've looked around, and it appears to have something to do with the templates and a recent version update. Is this true? I did 'Find Updated Templates', and there were many, but I have no idea what to edit to ensure that the problem is fixed. Note that the forum is using a custom theme. Here's a screenshot:

http://i42.tinypic.com/w0qsfs.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Nevremind. I simply reverted them all and it fixed the problem.
I also have this error

When clicking subscribe to a thread, you are taken to an error

Quote:Authorisation code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

This doesnt happen if selected when posting a new thread or replying to an existing thread.
reverting templates fixed it for me, but doing that is quite annoying because then if a plugin altered the template, you have to go back in and fix it or disable/enable the plugin which sometimes will wipe out your settings.
This is a result of not running the upgrader from 1.4.11 to 1.4.12 that reverts/updates them for you Smile
(2010-05-01, 08:59 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a result of not running the upgrader from 1.4.11 to 1.4.12 that reverts/updates them for you Smile

Sorry you will have to bear with me but even though my post count would suggest otherwise I am a novice to myBB.

I have recently had my old phpBB site changed to myBB and a custom template created.

A lot of work has been done and the site has been made live and we have just noticed this issue.

So can anyone tell me what exactly is needed to resolve the issue?
In the showthread template of your theme

make sure this line is present :

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

the my_post_key thing is new.
Thanks Disturbed!! the line I had was

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

Replaced it with the line you gave me and bish bash bosh Smile
(2010-05-04, 03:36 PM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]In the showthread template of your theme

make sure this line is present :

<li class="subscription_{$add_remove_subscription}"><a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;tid={$tid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a></li>

the my_post_key thing is new.

I did this and it worked... kinda.

It now let's me move on to the page where I can now choose whether or not I want email notification, but then when I click on "Subscribe to Thread", I get the same error.

Can someone tell me what I would need to add to allow it work correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Are there any templates listed in the Find Updated Templates section of the Templates area??
(2010-05-12, 04:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any templates listed in the Find Updated Templates section of the Templates area??

Nope, I already tried that too. Sad
Pages: 1 2