MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add custom header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to add a custom header to the mybb default theme. I did it with smf by placing the path to header.php I would like to do the same but for mybb. here is what it looks like in smf
http://skiing4life.com/forum/
I am looking to make something similiar to what was in smf.
Thanks
ACP -> Templates and Styles -> Themes -> YOURTHEME -> Scroll down, and it says your logo link. Either link it from the FTP, or from an image uploading site, like imageshack or tinypic.
thanks but i'm not using an image
its a php file
But you already have the navbar, why would you want another set of links (that will be exactly the same) on top of your logo?
My navbar is a table with a bckground image
Well, I can't answer this, sorry.
its okay
O Yea I Figured This Out: On Go To AdminCP: Themes - Then Click On Template Sets Click On The Template Where You Want To Add It Then Click On Header Template And Then Click On Header:

Ok This Is Where You Need To Be Careful At The TOP Of The Theme Where On Line: 1, Do Not Delete It. just move it down to line 2.
<div id="container">

Then Add This On Line 1: Edit Your Own Links, Its The Same Code Used For SMF But Add It In A Different Spot.
<th height="144" align="left" valign="top" class="ski" style="background-image:url(images/header.png); color: #999;"p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="LINK URL HEAR!!!">WHAT IS IT CALLED</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="LINK URL HEAR!!">WHAT IS IT CALLED</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="LINK URL HEAR!!!">WHAT IS IT CALLED</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="LINK URL HEAR!!!PHPSESSID=2emfnd1t8o0as9dqva9fijmr71&amp;">WHAT IS IT CALLED</a></span></p></th>
  </tr>
thanks illl try
thanks for the help. worked