MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something I would like to change?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just finished installing and customizing my first MyBB website and it came out better than I thought and was easier than I thought. One thing I was hoping to change, but not sure if its a download customization or a change to a template, figured with all the experienced people using this Forum, I could find out.

The login column at the top that says Login - Register. Once you click on Login you get the two text entry boxes to enter the info. I would like to have those boxes open all the time and think that unfamiliar users would understand what to do seeing the two boxes, see the picture below. I would like it this way all the time . . .

[Image: Clip0001.jpg]

http://k0gq.com/forum/
Be adventurous and try the search feature that the forum here provides. Smile
You'd need to edit the header_welcomeblock_guest template, edit the code there to have a normal post form to member.php?action=login
(2010-04-30, 11:44 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need to edit the header_welcomeblock_guest template, edit the code there to have a normal post form to member.php?action=login

Not exactly sure where to make the change. Here's the code from the template. Normally I can spot it or figure it out, but this one is a bit confusing. Thanks for your support:

<script type="text/javascript"><!-- lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}"; lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}"; lang.login = "{$lang->login}"; lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>"; lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";// -->

</script><span style="float: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}</span> <span id="quick_login">{$lang->welcome_guest} (<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>)</span>
Remove the javascript part Smile
I tried removing the JavaScript as you suggested (the first paragraph), As well as trying other various changes, but all I ever got was it saying undefined and nothing seem to work.

Maybe you could copy the template text from my last post before this one and make the change. Then I would see what you mean. Or maybe someone else will have a suggestion, thanks
Oops my bad sorry.
Try this:
<form method="post" action="member.php"
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login">
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">
<input type="hidden" name="quick_login" value="1">
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="quick_username" value="{$lang->login_username}" class="textbox" id="quick_login_username"> <input type="password" name="quick_password" value="{$lang->login_password}" class="textbox"> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="{$lang->login}" class="button"> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lost_password}</a> &mdash; <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></form>

Let me know if this works Smile
I removed all the template text with what you sent. OK, at first the text boxes are there, good. It even says Username in the box and normally when you click in the box Username goes away, but now you have to wipe it out or backspace it out and there is also a password ****** entry already there that you have to remove. But, it doesn't even do the login process. Upon enter or click on Login it just goes to a white screen, URL ending in Member.php.

If you need an ID to login, I'll send you one through a Private Message, Thanks for helping me.
The "wiping out" part is done by the javascript so you have to remove the value attribute yourself if you don't want "Username" and "***********" to appear.

I can't test it right now as you're using the default code