MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I always come back to MyBB...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tell you the truth, every time I build a forum (and I have built many), I always start out with bbPress, then I take it down and go to phpBB, then I dismantle it and always end up installing myBB. I just recently went through this ritual again, that's why I had to come by and tell you all. It sure makes alot of extra work for me, but, I always do it anyway.
Anyone else do this or am I just "el loco"? Big Grin
Why not just Install MyBB to begin with and stop wasting time with the others?
i also installed phpBB first recently then migrated to MyBB.
I did so because the adminCP of phpBB is powerful. I reverted to MyBB for simplicity although phpBB would do the job better in that case.
lol
Hahahah lol that's Fun why you have time to do this all the time ?
Tried VB, tried phpBB, tried SMF. But none of them did it for me. MyBB forever...
(2010-04-30, 03:15 PM)Lithium Wrote: [ -> ]Tried VB, tried phpBB, tried SMF. But none of them did it for me. MyBB forever...

Ditto. Cool
I've run so many forum softwares I've lost track.

I hate YaBB. With a passion.
phpBB2 was Ok, so long as you were careful to keep it updated when they plugged security holes.
bbPress I only ran so I could make a converter from it to MyBB... its too small and simplistic.
SMF1 and SMF2... I can't stand them. I worked on a forum that was SMF1, and I made one for SMF2 in order to create the converter.
WowBB... don't even get me started here. And the derivatives? (WowClassic and UltraBB) They're just as bad. And its $99 a pop for the license...
vBulletin I only admined on a forum running this... can you say WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what you get
DeluxeBB... jury is still out on this one. I'm setting up one so I can make another converter module Wink Yes, its an obsession.
FUDForum... wth is this thing? Get it off me!
IceBB - this one is Ok, but MyBB is better
And of course, MyBB
vBulletin isn't WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. If you look at all the customizations for it, especially vBulletin 4.

But yeah - MyBB and vB For life, imo Wink
(2010-04-30, 06:28 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]vBulletin isn't WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. If you look at all the customizations for it, especially vBulletin 4.

But yeah - MyBB and vB For life, imo Wink

Again, way too expensive Wink
You can customize MyBB too.
Oh sure, not as many plugins available. Yet. One day though.
Maybe if we got permission from the owners of some plugins for vB... We could make them MyBB ones too. Wink

But imo, 200$ isn't that much.
Pages: 1 2