MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF to MyBB? and I want to help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hola amigos y amigas de todo el foro MyBB.

Esta plataforma bonita y buena que quisiera formar parte de ella.

Tengo mi foro mas o menos bien montado, denominado:

www.latinocheats.com

Está creado con Simplemachines.org (SMF), no saben cuantos problemas he tenido con ésta plataforma, con el editor de Wysywg, problemas con las plantillas, un sitemap (Mods de SEO), etc.

Muchos problemas, con los mods y bueno, sinceramente, no me gusta editar en su editor, por esa misma razon y lo veo incomodo.

He estado toda la mañana probando el phpbb3 y pues, me dejo mas verde aún.

Se programacion, lo mas basico, me ha dejado :O Muchos codigos, todo es manual, que si crear tablas, que si los mods instalarlos manualmente, etc.

Y me ha quitado mucho tiempo, he querido instalar un Mod de editor wysiwyg y me ha dado muchos errores, toda la mañana en eso y para tener un buen phpbb se necesita ser un Guru en programacion.

No es tan bueno como los novatos como nosotros. No me ha gustado su estructura de foro y no se, no me convenció.

Estoy ahorrando para comprar licencia vBulletin, pero como lo que he visto, vale 285 dolares para un usuario nuevo y cobran por actualizar, y aparte, la licencia mas baja, esta en 200 dolares.

Es mucho dinero y de verdad, hasta me daría rabia gastar tanto dinero en ese foro, que cuesta mucho, es de pago (Y me recuerda a Windows), y sobre todo, soy amante del codigo abierto.

He visto sobre las donaciones de MyBBoard y los recursos que necesitan para mantenerse en el aire y de verdad, mybboard me ha parecido una buena plataforma, bonita, amigable y sobre todo, me recuerda a mi ambiente linux.

Tengo varias dudas, la primera es:

En caso que me decida a Mybboard, como puedo pasar todo mis foros, usuarios, zonas y temas de SMF para Mybb?

Es decir, quisiera traspasar todos los datos, sin perderlos para Mybb. De verdad, no me gustaria perder usuarios o alguna desconfiguracion o incompatibilidad.

La otra vez. Con mi foro, colocare como Firma, "La ayuda para MyBB", sobre cuanto le falta en los recursos y las donaciones.

Colocare avisos para que donen a MyBB, por que veo ésto y veo el sacrificio grande que los programadores se matan haciendo lo mejor para todos gratis y muchos GASTAN dinero en un vBulletin, que es pesado y me imagino que no tiene nada que envidiarle Mybb a VB.

Estoy recolectando dinero con mi Adsense y con ese, es el que iba a instalar el vBulletin. Quisiera reunirlo mejor y donarlo hacia MyBB. Es que tambien lo he hecho con Linux, con muchos usuarios que piden y piden CD´s y copias para que se los envien a la casa, y no DAN ni 1 CENTAVO, por lo menos de caridad. Prefieren gastarlo en una cerveza o cigarro.

He donado en Linux aqui en Venezuela, ya que es dificil exportar dinero para otro pais con la politica que tenemos dentro (Sea paypal y Western Union), pero tengo un amigo de españa que me ayudará a esto y donaremos hacia la plataforma de MyBB.

Solo quisiera saber, como MIGRAR de SMF a MYBB?

Y la otra es, si MyBB, tiene un editor wysiwyg? O pudiera integrarsele alguno.

Espero su respuestas.

Muchas gracias a los programadores de ésta plataforma tan bonita, unica y amigable. Quiero apoyarla y no tenemos que envidiarle a nadie.

Viva MyBB y Linux. Wink

ENGLISH:

Hello friends from all over the MyBB forum.

This platform pretty and good that would be part of it.

I have my forum more or less well-mounted, called:

www.latinocheats.com

It is created with Simplemachines.org (SMF), do not know how many problems I had with this platform, the publisher of Wysywg, problems with templates, a sitemap (SEO Mods, etc.).

Many problems with the mods and well, frankly, I do not like to edit in your editor, for that very reason and I see him uncomfortable.

I spent all morning trying the phpbb3 and then left me even more green.

It is programming, the most basic, has left me: O Many codes, everything is manual, that if you create tables, which if manually install mods, etc.

And he has taken away a long time, I wanted to install a wysiwyg editor Mod and has given me many errors, all morning on it and have a phpbb good need to be a guru in programming.

It is not as good as the rookies like us. I liked your structure and not a forum, did not convince me.

I'm saving to buy vBulletin license, but as I've seen, worth 285 dollars for a new user and charge for updates, and besides, the lowest license, was $ 200.

It's a lot of money and truth, I even spend that much money would rage in that forum, which costs a lot, is to pay (and reminds me Windows), and above all, I am open source lover.

I've seen on MyBBoard donations and resources they need to stay in the air and truth, mybboard I found a good platform, nice, friendly and above all, reminds me of my linux environment.

I have several questions, the first is:

If I decide to Mybboard, as I can spend all my forums, users, zones and SMF themes for MyBB?

That is, I would like to transfer all data, without losing them to MyBB. Really, I do not want to lose users or some misconfiguration or inconsistency.

The other time. In my forum, I will place as Signature, "Support for MyBB" about as lacking in resources and donations.

Colocare notices to donate to MyBB, because I see this and see the great sacrifice that developers are doing their best to kill all free and many spend money in vBulletin, which is heavy and I guess that has nothing to envy to MyBB VB.

I'm collecting my money with Adsense and with that, is that going to install vBulletin. I would like to improve data collection and donate it to MyBB. Is that they also have done with Linux, many users who copy CDs and ask and ask to have them sent home, and do not give 1 cent, at least for charity. They prefer to spend on a beer or cigarette.

I donated in Linux here in Venezuela, since it is difficult to export money to another country with the politics that we have inside (Sea paypal and Western Union), but I have a friend in Spain that will help me and donate it to the platform of MyBB.

I just want to know, how to migrate from SMF to MyBB?

And the other is, if MyBB, has a wysiwyg editor? Or one could integrarsele.

I await your responses.

Thank you very much to the developers of this platform so beautiful, unique and friendly. I support it and not have to envy anyone.

Viva MyBB and Linux. Wink
You'll need to use the Merge System to convert from SMF to MyBB - http://www.mybboard.net/downloads/merge-system - It's a pretty good system, very easy to use, but it is still in Beta so not perfect.
Mmmm ok! Friend thank you very much, try and you will noticeWink

Greetings! And how pretty MyBBSmile Hehe! is very friendly