MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect Catcher Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a plugin that will look at links that you have blocked (probably with word filters) and if a person tries to pass a sneaky one off it catches the link in a redirect, says it's been blocked because of malicious software or something like that and forces a redirect back to the main page.

There's a tutorial here that talks about redirecting, and I tried that but the plugin is horribly buggie and I had to take it down.

Anyone got any ideas?

-ZuFu
It's not really possible, since there are so many ways to make a sneaky redirect... If all else fails you could link to a static page, and convert it to a redirect page once your board accepted it. And you can't check every link every time you serve a page... So the easiest way would be to block common redirect sites (tinyurl etc) too. And maybe ban anyone that sneaks around it...
well i know there are sites that can see where a site is linking to, like this site for example:

http://untiny.me/

is there any way to get something that will be able to see what site it's going to like this and compare that against a list of blocked websites?