MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IFrame probs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys

ok i want my forum to work inside an iframe on my website, My website address is different to my forum address: (Website is www.tizdaz.co.uk & my forum is www.deewebdesign.co.uk/forums) when i insert my forum into an iframe on www.tizdaz.co.uk, it works & shows up etc

but when i log in, it says the usual "thanks for logging in please wait etc" but when the index on my forum loads it says "Welcome guest" as if i didnt log in?

im guessing its a cookie prob, but im not quite sure how to do it with my 2x domains?

Any help much appreciated Smile
I wouldn't use an iFrame, your better off modifying your header and footer templates to match the rest of your site.

I have a HPI Savage by the way, unfortunately it has been parked for the last few months because both diffs are stuffed and I haven't gotten the time to fix them Toungue
Using an iframe is a terrible idea. A lot of people won't be able to login, exactly what's happening to you. Different browsers handle iframes differently; some will take the URL you're viewing as the one in your address bar, some will use the one that's being loaded in the iframe, they don't bookmark properly, clicking the back button in your browser won't do what you expect... they really shouldn't be used.
thanks for the headsup guys Smile

its all working now, had to change some settings but a few people on diff browsers have signed up & posted so it seems fine atm Smile

Hey Tim, me & a few mates went out a couple of weeks ago, one of my mates has a savage also, he has probs with his rear diff too, hes even upgrded it but still keeps getting chewed :s What you need fella is an FG Monster! lol Smile

anyway thanks again guys Smile