MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple (?) question about default themes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is not a "modification or development" question, please help me understand how the default theme(s) is (are) supposed to work.

#
EDIT: This makes the question more clear:
[Image: temp.jpg]

How do I do something like this with the templates in the database?
Is MyBB (by default) set up for something similar?

##

Theme A --> Theme B
The only difference between 'Theme A' and 'Theme B' needs to be in the stylesheets (reflected both in the db & the /cache/templates files).
  • If I create a "new" theme based on the current default, then additional changes to "any_template" are not shared by both.

There could be a really simple answer which I'm missing. How do I have an 'almost identical theme' where the only difference is the stylesheets?
Thank you very much.
Admin CP >> Templates & Style >> Import A Theme >> Download a fresh copy of the MyBB sofware, and upload mybb_theme.xml located in the /Upload/install/resources/ folder from the download >> Edit global.css.
I'm not sure if we both are on the same page.
How can:
1) All the templates be the same (this part is easy)
2) Use 2 different stylesheets, one for each theme. (also easy)
3) Also, For new template update: Edit only once & have the updated template shared by both themes. (How?)

(2010-05-04, 02:39 AM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP >> Templates & Style >> Import A Theme >> Download a fresh copy of the MyBB sofware, and upload mybb_theme.xml located in the /Upload/install/resources/ folder from the download >> Edit global.css.

I'll try, thanks.

#
EDIT:
[Image: temp.jpg]

How do I do something like this with the templates in the database?
Is MyBB (by default) set up for something similar?

// Change all to global templates using SQL? Toungue
If the theme settings all say to use the same template set, they'll all use the same template set...
(2010-05-04, 11:28 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If the theme settings all say to use the same template set, they'll all use the same template set...
(2010-05-04, 01:31 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]There could be a really simple answer which I'm missing....

Thanks Matt, I'm too tired and just didn't see it, oops.
Template Set*
* Template Set is an easy to find option directly above Editor Style
Oooohh I see what you mean. Sorry about that Blush