MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.4.11...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if this is a problem with the files or my web server, but I can't seem to upload the 1.4.12 files. I've tried a few FTP clients, but they all cut out after uploading about 7 files in the "admin" folder.

I unzipped the files, and then zipped them up again so that they were all in the root of the folder, as opposed to "/mybb/..." or whatever they were in originally. Am I missing something here?
It's probably on your server end timing out or something. Unless the zip was corrupt it shouldn't have a problem uploading,

I take it you've tried redownloading the files then uploading?
Otherwise all I can suggest is a wait a while or maybe contact your host.
Have you tried uploading each file manually one at a time? :p
(2010-05-05, 08:03 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried uploading each file manually one at a time? :p
Well, I don't want to have to do that, but I might have to just put a few files in a ZIP folder at a time... Undecided
Are you actually getting any error when it stops?
It doesn't stop as such; it just doesn't do anything. I can check the folder and see that nothing's happening, but the FTP clients just say "uploading".
Have you considered it could be your internet or just the server being slow?

Send me your FTP details via PM and let me know where you want the MyBB files. I'll give it a try Smile
Who is your host? It might be that they limit the number of files you can upload in one day or in one hour.
I use 000webhost, a free one. But it doesn't matter now, I'm doing it folder by folder. Smile
If the file limit is less than the number of file within the MyBB zip file then something is seriously wrong :p

EDIT: Just seen whiz' post; okiedoke let us know if you have any problems Smile
Ugh. Why are you using possibly the worst host ever thought of? Get a real host, not one that makes nonsense emails or shuts your server down for no reason or warning.

@Polar: Well, that's 000webhost for ya Wink
Pages: 1 2