MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: activation cod not sending and other problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi am using 1.4.13

i think many mybb user have this problem till now not fixed activation cod not sending even if i use php mail or smtp my hosting is not free host and its allow me to work with php mail cas i tried the test with wiki smtp not work also

my 2nd problem is me and other 2 members have already contacted me that a few days after they registered in my forum. They can't log in even though the password they entered is correct. They tried recovering their password they didnt recive anything

this is first time i use mybb i like it very much plz help me
Did the PHP mail test you did from the wiki return successful or an error? If it was successful did you receive the test email ok?

About the second issue, can you login Ok? Because if so I can't think of any reason why you could log in with the correct password but they can't so I suspect they are in fact just entering it incorrectly. Try manually reseting it for them via your ACP.
thanks for replay ....

yes i recive the test email successful ....

even if i reset the password the same problem comming its retuenning me to loging page

its very big 2 problem hope u can fix it to me ... i tried to serch for answer but i didnt find .
no answer plzzz
If the PHP mail test is working but your not receiving PHP mail from MyBB then the problem is a spam filter or firewall at the receivers end and there is nothing we can do about that. SMTP usually helps but you might need to use a different email account like hotmail.

About the second problem, I can't think of any cause other than them just typing the wrong password if you can log in ok. Can you provide a test account so we can try please.
the loge give me this The SMTP server does not support any of the AUTH methods that MyBB supports and am using godaddy for hosting ... its really big problem no email seting work php mail () and smtp not working ...
no one can help me ??!!!!
if mybb cant fix this problem who will fix it for meee ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!