MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Silly permissions question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a probably a daft question.

I have just moved over to myBB and love it however I am a bit perplexed about forum permissions.

How do I make it so all moderators super moderators have access to moderation options for all forums?

Do I have to edit the permissions for each forum and add them as moderators?

OR is it that super moderators have access to edit everything and normal moderators have to be added to specific forums?
Super mods automatically have all mod powers in all forums, regular mods have to be added as a moderator to the forums they are to moderate, where you can set what they'll be able to do.
Thanks for the answer Matt.

Now next question is there a quick way to add the same list of people as moderators of all forums and sub forums?

Form what I can see you can only add moderators to forums individually, so I may have a group called "Moderators" but I cant add them as moderators of the forum sections, I have to individually add each user 1 at a time?
Super moderators have moderation access to all forums. You can make super moderators by adding them to the Super Moderators group when you edit their user account.

Individual forum moderators need to be added to the forum. On the forum management page, click on a forum, then the moderators tab. Right now you need to add moderators individually; groups as moderator is a feature in 1.6.

You should not need to add users manually to the Moderators group because when you add one user to the forum it will automatically move the user to the Moderators group. In addition, if you have previously set the Moderators group with super-moderator permissions, then all your individual moderators will have global moderation permissions.
Thanks for the replies gents, I have upgraded all mods to super mods for now and will work on specific mods for specific sections shortly.
(2010-05-10, 03:21 PM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]In addition, if you have previously set the Moderators group with super-moderator permissions, then all your individual moderators will have global moderation permissions.

How do I do this? How can I change the global permissions for the mod group to be the same as the super-mod group?