MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating a gateway page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to use adbrite on my site but it does contain a forum with adult content.

This is the email i received from them:

AdBrite's Publisher Acceptable Use Policy does not allow any adult or mature content. Sites with both non-adult and adult or mature content must separate the content with a gateway.  The gateway must inform the visitor they will see mature or adult content if proceeding further, and any AdBrite zones must be at least two clicks from mature or adult content.

Our definition of mature content includes non-nude ads for adult services, thinly censored nudity, sheer or see-through clothing, images of wardrobe malfunctions such as up-skirt images, illustrated and animated depictions of mature content, and adult text, keywords, or descriptions.

Sites with user-generated content must moderate effectively to prevent any adult content or profanity, and if you have a search feature it must have a keyword filter to exclude adult and profane terms.

AdBrite does not allow sites that have a high-risk of adding adult content at a later date.  This includes “babe” sites that consist purely of image galleries, and sites with mature user-generated images.  For example social networks with scantily clad member images are not permitted due to the high-risk of members posting adult content at a later date.

If i were to make the Mature section a link to a custom page with a warning that they are about to go to the adult section. And then make them click agree in order to go further do you guys think that this would work and be okay?
No they do not support adult sites or warez they also take a look at your entire site .. sorry.. it is their policy.
(2010-05-07, 04:32 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]No they do not support adult sites or warez they also take a look at your entire site .. sorry.. it is their policy.

this is the email from them.
there are ways around it obviously if they are telling me there is.
I just wanna know if what i was talking about it the correct way that they were explaining
You would have to ask the ad provider what is ok, or not. We wouldn't know. As this isn't actual MyBB Support, I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to post in the Chit-Chat section about this.