MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have installed mybb but now have no idea where to access my forum from?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After much hardship I have finally got mybb intalled on my server but now I cannot find it on my site to be able to access it to set it up?
Any help would be apprectiated.
You dont know link of your forum? or something else?
Well if you've installed it use the same URL you used to install but remove the /install/ part... unless you mean you've just uploaded the files, that's not installing it. What folder did you put the files in on your server.
I have put them into my forum file but when i type in the url www.mysticalvampyrevixens.com/forum there is nothing but some other website that is called numis network??
I have honestly had nothing but drama trying to get this set up and I am pulling my hair out.
What folder did you put the forum folder in?? You've probably just not uploaded the files to the right place. It's probably redirecting to that site because the URL you're visiting returns a 404 not found error.
This is half my problem. I feel like just writting the whole thing off at this point.
I have registered my domain name......pointed all my DNS to the right place.
My server is now having issues with my domain name and giving me wierd warnings.
The forum folder is in my directory. It is not in a sub directory or anything. It is right there when I go into my file manager.
I'm just getting do "downtrodden" so to speak at not being able to do something that should be so simple.
Is there a public_html folder or something similar anywhere?? That's the folder you need to put things in.
This is my main file directory in my file manager: (sorry if its long)

Forum
[DIR]
08/May/10 13:23

admin
[DIR]
07/May/10 07:51

data
[DIR]
08/May/10 13:44

editor_images
[DIR]

images
[DIR]

inc
[DIR]
08/May/10 13:09

modules
[DIR]

tiny_mce
[DIR]

web_documents
[DIR]

web_flash
[DIR]

web_images
[DIR]

web_media
[DIR]

admin.php
33.66 KB

cms_style.css
22.68 KB

index.php
38.02 KB

template_eclipse.html
5.64 KB

My forum is located in the first file. When I go into my file manager these are the first things I see.
Most of those files aren't part of MyBB at all.
You've not uploaded ALL the MyBB files and installed it. If you PM someone, they can upload and install MyBB for you.
No they wont' be as mybb is installed in the first folder labeled FORUM
Those files belong to the rest of my website.
this link - http://mysticalvampirevixens.110mb.com/Forum/index.php takes me to my forum which now appears to be working however in saying that, when I log in with the username that I set up it only keeps me logged in for about 1 minute and then when I go else where I'm logged out. How do I access the administration panel to set up the forum eg, set up how my forum looks, my background, categories etc?
Pages: 1 2