MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is my colorful postbit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-05-08, 06:20 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]You can get Labrocca's plugins for free. http://community.mybboard.net/thread-54397.html

I'm not making 100 posts on a forum for some plugins. I'd rather learn PHP and remake his plugins. Toungue
Xarver, he could basically sue you if you remade his plugins. ;p
(2010-05-08, 01:28 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-08, 01:00 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]That is really awesome. You should make this into a plugin.

Wtf.

@OP looks pretty nice!

I think he means a plugin where you could have a postbit option with a dropdown of groups when click on a group you could have the option to enter a hex code changing the colour postbit, tad overkill but could be useful.

I agree they look great! Well done!
(2010-05-08, 07:01 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Xarver, he could basically sue you if you remade his plugins. ;p

He only could if he patented every single plugin he made which would cost thousands and thousands of dollars.
(2010-05-08, 07:26 PM)Xarver Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-08, 07:01 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]Xarver, he could basically sue you if you remade his plugins. ;p

He only could if he patented every single plugin he made which would cost thousands and thousands of dollars.

True, no doubt.
But how disrespectful would that be if you would?
It's like you develop a system, or plugin and spent months on it.
Then some experienced coder comes in checks out your site, rips in a week and sell it for a few thousand - would make you feel like orange wouldn't it?
If you're not willing to pay 15 bucks, then spend hours/days/months/years? learning PHP.
(2010-05-08, 10:37 PM)paidtoreg.com Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-08, 07:26 PM)Xarver Wrote: [ -> ]

True, no doubt.
But how disrespectful would that be if you would?
It's like you develop a system, or plugin and spent months on it.
Then some experienced coder comes in checks out your site, rips in a week and sell it for a few thousand - would make you feel like orange wouldn't it?
If you're not willing to pay 15 bucks, then spend hours/days/months/years? learning PHP.
I agree but then again it does not take that long to learn PHP... I learned the basics in less than a week. Plus the language is duct-taped.
And that's just how life works. You will see a lot of big companies ripping off other companies ideas and making a profit. (Microsoft*cough*)
And if I could pay 15 dollars I could. But I don't have a bank or credit card to verify paypal so therefore I can not buy anything. Don't tell me I can because I've already tried tons of times...

P.S. this is off-topic. Toungue
Then do 100 posts. You can get it in 5 days, it's not that hard because Support Forums is a large community.
(2010-05-08, 07:14 PM)Alicksis Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-08, 01:28 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-08, 01:00 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]That is really awesome. You should make this into a plugin.

Wtf.

@OP looks pretty nice!

I think he means a plugin where you could have a postbit option with a dropdown of groups when click on a group you could have the option to enter a hex code changing the colour postbit, tad overkill but could be useful.

I agree they look great! Well done!

Oh that makes sense now, but how would unapproved posts look like?
Pages: 1 2