MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upload tag in Quick reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heloo there

umm i've been thinking of something, umm sometimes with low speed connection, or in a hurry reply, we dont like to go and click new reply, that page take alot to load. so in case we were intending to attach somefile, why not having [upload] [/upload] tag as a new mybb code, that we can use in the quick reply.

upload tag Wrote:[upload]C:\Folder\picture.jpg[/upload]

upload tag Wrote:[upload]C:\Folder\picture.jpg]My Picture[/upload]

Many regards
As far as I know this is imposbbile. No browsers let people enter code to upload straight from a users computer. The only way to do it is through a form and the <input type="upload"> button; selecting one file at a time.
And unless you are looking at the file in windows explorer or it's a simple URL, it's probably faster to use the form than trying to remember the file location (inc case)
If you have to upload something, it wouldn't be "quick" anymore Wink
decswxaqz hits the nail right on the head. It is impossible to do.
I am fully agree with user decswxaqz. The only way to do it is through a form and the <input type="upload"> button; selecting one file at a time.
You could use javascripts' pregex to match the file then create a JS upload form right before it's submitted

Don't know if it would work, but it might.

However, I really don't see this as much of a use anyway
Why in the world was this over 2 year old thread bumped? Just to agree with someone that said something isn't possible? wtf?

here's a suggestion. Once a thread is over a year old, it should automatically become locked! LOL Toungue