MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Different footer on different pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to use different footer on different pages. Like on showthread I would like to use a different one and on the ucp pages i would like to have a different footer page.

How can i achieve it.

==========
My unsolved query - http://community.mybboard.net/thread-69247.html
==========
You could use a conditional code
Someone else will give you a better answer
I am currently using php conditional tags for other purpose. Ideally I have ads on footer and now it displays on each and every page including user control pages and new reply pages etc etc. These pages are locked behind of search engines , thus the ads are not relevant, which obviously is causing a vew low ctr.
I was thinking the easiest way would be to use .... something like {$footer2} on member and ucp pages. That could solve the issue rather than adding a conditional tag for bunch of unwanted pages.
(2010-05-09, 12:53 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Just use this plugin http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=260

Guess you missed my previous post just above yours. I indeed use that plugin but still can't get it to work.

Created a new custom template file named it as "header_basic"

Then on member_register page called it using this code

<template header_basic>

Doesn't show anything...

What am I doing wrong?
Perhaps the template must be in the Global set. I know that is an issues with another plugin regarding global templates.
(2010-05-09, 01:38 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the template must be in the Global set. I know that is an issues with another plugin regarding global templates.

Global set will perphaps cause more issues like calling the correct css file and images.
Well if your problems with that plugin then this doesn't belong here. Moved.
(2010-05-09, 01:55 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Well if your problems with that plugin then this doesn't belong here. Moved.

Appreciate your time and effort to move this thread. Wish such basic things could have been done without a plugin though..
It would be nice and I'd like some plugins to be integrated too, but they're not and you have to work with what you have.

Some plugins regarding calling custom templates require that they be a part of the global set otherwise they just won't work. Images will have to be hotlinked most likely but it's what you have to work with.
Pages: 1 2