MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stop gif animations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Particularly annoying in webforums; animated gifs - avatars and signatures etc stealing attention from the valuable post content like a nervous presenter fiddling with his glasses..

I'd love to see a plugin for this.

I don't know any coding but maybe this is of some help?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Tips...ted_Images

Smile
This should be done client side. If you believe members have annoying images simply remove them and warn the member.
(2010-05-09, 02:21 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]This should be done client side. If you believe members have annoying images simply remove them and warn the member.

yeah, I know that's possible but a plugin would save a lot of manual work. Particularly since people can change to such animatied avatars at any time, i.e it'd have to be constantly policed.

Also, removing someones image creates bad vibes. People typically invest some emotions into selecting avatars in my experience. Something that automatically "freezes" a moving images is probably assumed to be some technical limitation and accepted.

Smile