MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi , Im new to MyBB and have tried my first upgrade .
Went from 1.4.9 to 1.4.13 .
All went fine with no errors
The thing I found a bit ambiguos was the final instructions .
Quote:What's Next?

* Please use the 'Find Updated Templates' tool in the Admin CP to find customised templates updated during this upgrade process. Edit them to contain the changes or revert them to originals.
* Ensure that your board is still fully functional.

Until i went into my forum and found a lot of my template edits had disappeared .
When I went into Find updated Templates my edits were in there .
This is where it got confusing .
How do I get them back?
Do i revert to original ? As I'm thinking this will revert them to original without the edits .
Or do I have to do the whole lot again .
I can't seem to find a verbose guide on Upgrading
The instructions are great that come with the upgrader but to be told after the upgrade that I need to do the templates again or something kinda shocked me as it never informed me of that before the upgrade .
I have reverted my upgrade back to 1.4.9 until i find out how to do this
So any help would be greatly appreciated Big Grin
Or if someone can point me to instructions on getting my edits back into the templates that would be great .
It wouldn't have undone any of your template edits. That's why you have to go through and manually revert some templates. Certain templates get changed in upgrades and the find updated templates area shows you which ones you need to manually revert.
Great . Thanks for the quick response Matt .
So I would go into my template section , Find updated templates then click on revert to original on each one?
As I said i thought that would clear all my edits .
Or do i need to type them all back into the new templates .
Sorry for the questions but the site is live and we have 30 000 members ( culled ) with over 1000 000 posts so i need to do this right Big Grin
Thanks
It's unlikely any of the templates that need changing will have had edits already made to them. But yes, if you've made edits to them you'd need to redo them because another part of the template has been updated.