MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just recently started delving into creating my own forum from mybb.
I currently run a forum via a forum provider but the do not allow me the space that I need, so I have gone this way.
What I want to know is if I can make mybb forum to look like my current forum. Here is a link to my current portal:Mystical Vampire Vixens

I have played around and also searched for some answers through the help here but I cannot find out some of my answers.
Basically I want to know if I can have my new "home" look the same as my "old" home. Can I (and if so how) put an image in for the background instead of a plain colour? Can I put my own buttons onto my forum? Can I have widgets added to my forum?
I really appreciate all the help that I am given.
Of course you can, you're free to customize your forum to your likeing. The only thing you "need" to keep is the MyBB copyright so that you will gain support, if you remove the copyright you'll be refused to get support from MyBB group Wink
Thanks for that. My next question is how do I get the background in there. I have tried and it wont take the url?
Should work like this:
body {
	background: #<color you wish> url(<background image url>);
}
thanks! Thats a great help!
(2010-05-10, 06:37 AM)mysticalvampyre Wrote: [ -> ]thanks! Thats a great help!
No sweat, feel free to ask more questions at any time Smile
Thats an opening for me! lol!
Ok heres one - I have been trying to change my forum icons and have found out how.......so I have done so but they don't show up.
I have searched for a couple of hours now and cannot find out why they are not working. Somewhere it says to clear the cache but for the life of me I cannot find any help in how/where to do this. I found the cache file but when I deleted it (thankfully taking a copy of it) it just changed the look of my forum. Not what I wanted.
So my question to you is: why do my little icons not work and where to do I clear my cache to see if that makes a difference?
You shouldn't need to clear the cache for them to show up, just refresh in your browser.

If you provide a link to your new MyBB forum it would make it easier to help and find where you might have gone wrong. Smile
1. Are you sure that you've specified the right extension of the images? (default it .gif)
2. Are you sure that you've uploaded them to the right dirrectory?
3. Can you still see the old images or they are gone as well?
Well isn't that interesting! This morning they are showing up! Now to work out how to change the ones on the rest of the forum.....and get them looking the way they used to.
Question - .png files ...can they be used in place of .gif files? Or do I have to change them? Reason I ask is that when I change the file to a .gif it changes the look of my buttons. What is supposed to be a glow effect becomes a solid effect.
http://mysticalvampyrevixens.com/Forum/index.php Heres a site link if you want to take a look and find out what I mean.
Pages: 1 2